Receptionist/Legal Assistant – Employment Law Firm
Whitten & Lublinis a boutique employment law firm providing expert legal counsel to both employers and employees across the country and internationally on all aspects of employment law in the non-unionized environment. Our lawyers are well known and respected in their field for being published in Canadian media, and also providing their expert opinion at industry specific speaking conferences.
We are seeking a self-motivated and organized Receptionist/Legal Assistant.
This is a full time, permanent position, Monday to Friday 8:30am-5:00pm, reporting to the Office Manager.
Salary expectations, benefits and vacation will be discussed.
Responsibilities and tasks, but not limited to:
· Answering and directing phone calls and responding to new client inquiries in a timely manner
· Scheduling new clients and coordinating/confirming attendance
· Managing all general inquiries via online chat
· Filing, photocopying, scanning, faxing, etc. and maintaining office equipment
· Opening and closing files and entering closed files into Excel
· Maintaining calendar for lawyers
· Providing legal administrative support to 1 lawyer
· Proofreading, drafting and preparing legal documents and correspondence
· Communicating with clients, court and counsel
· Booking meetings, court appearances, consultations
· Tracking deadlines and maintaining a follow-up system
· Performing basic housekeeping needs
· Other administrative duties or assistance to other team members as required
· Minimum 1 year of legal administrative experience (litigation experience would be an asset)
· Impeccable interpersonal and communication skills; ability to communicate effectively and comfortably with clients and team members through phone, email and in person
· Attention to detail
· Team player, self-starter with a professional approach in all job responsibilities along with flexibility and reliability; problem solver. Also must be able to work independently with little supervision
· Well-organized, quick learner and proactive professional with a positive attitude and ability to prioritize tasks, workloads and time; flexible and detail oriented
· Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Outlook), Internet and PC Law
Please submit your cover letter and resume with salary expectations to email@example.com. Please include Receptionist/Legal Assistant in the subject line.
Only successful candidates will be contacted for further consideration.
Try Link Directory - A Free Directory Of 5,000 Canadian Job Banks, Employment Agencies & More.