Since 1985, BCLC has evolved into a full-spectrum gaming entertainment company that offers outstanding gaming experiences for British Columbians, including lottery, casino, community gaming and eGaming.
One of BCs top 50 employers, BCLC leverages off of its corporate values: integrity, social responsibility and respect. Our culture is one that embraces change, initiates opportunity and is passionate about growth. We believe strongly in spirited teamwork and pushing the boundaries of innovation. Our success is based as much on the dedication and hard work of our team as it is on the innovative games we offer and the ways in which we conduct our business.
At BCLC we offer a comprehensive total rewards package; including competitive salaries, yearly bonuses, flexible benefits and rewards that come with being integral to our innovative and growth-oriented environment....
|» See all jobs by this employer|
Reporting to the Manager, Business Development, the Senior Business Development Specialist is responsible for increasing the revenue potential of the Lottery Division by developing new distribution models, promotional activities and consulting on the creation of new products. This position will work closely with the lottery sales team in order to lead innovation, manage implementation and bring new initiatives to life.
- Manages or leads multiple large-scale projects within the lottery division focused on the implementation of distribution, product and merchandising initiatives; manages projects from start to end and develops project timelines in response to broader organizational priorities
- Develops business plans that integrate and align with existing corporate strategies
- Recommends function/department plans and strategies; makes broader scope, medium risk planning decisions with potentially organization-wide impact/response; provides recommendations into plans and strategies in other functions/departments
- Proactively resolves highly complex, highly sensitive, undefined and unprecedented sales issues with moderate-high visibility and risk and potentially organization-wide impact
- Conducts highly complex and highly specialized sales/marketing/communications work that drives revenue generation, profit and growth; as an individual contributor, provides expert solutions to achieve broader organizational financial/public support/ creative results
- Champions team work, provides guidance, communicates function/department goals in the context of corporate objectives, ensures focus on results, intervenes to deal with issues, oversees stakeholder relationships and supports the BCLC vision, mission and values
- The knowledge and skills for this position would typically be acquired through a post-secondary diploma or degree in a business discipline.
- Three to five years relevant experience with at least two of them being in a supervisory/leadership position &/or informal leadership experience.
- Equivalent combination of education and/or experience may be considered.
- Solutions-based thinker; strong ability to always look at "what is possible”
- Demonstrated experience leading strategic projects.
- Solid knowledge of business development, market research, marketing, merchandising and distribution practices, methodologies and tools
- Excellent problem solving and analytical thinking/innovation
- Exceptional communication and presentation skills including the ability to communicate complex compensation models and corporate strategies
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Exceptional time management and multi-tasking skills
- Strong technical skills
- Understanding of lottery gaming, and the entertainment trends both within BCLC and other jurisdictions is an asset.
Try Link Directory - A Free Directory Of 5,000 Canadian Job Banks, Employment Agencies & More.